The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, August 30, 2019

MX-Bach Update

Finished a lot of work on the MX-Bach.  Rebuilt the fuse, and as discussed earlier built  new set of hardpoints for the gear. I purposely isolated them from the more fragi\e framework of the fuse. 


I decided not to fylly replace the stringers and just repatched. I used some more sheet balsa than was there before.





I was bored so I did a lot of darts. It helps break up the wonky framework.





I used screws allowing me to open the fuse to access the landing gear hardpoints in the future.



I put shark teeth on becasue I could.



Because I was still bored I used reflective tape on the nose cone fully aware that it would peel off. The cone broke under the load of  burning out my Hanger 9 Electric Starter.





So the down side is that I spent hours today trying to get the RCGF-USA30cc started. It didn't matter how I tried to tune it, but it would only start really rich. I finally had to give up. I suspect another bad carb. When I did get it running she would seem fine, held WOT fine, but then started pulsing and then quit. I am working on getting another carb to try. Makes no sence, the carb looks fine.


No comments :

Post a Comment