The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, August 26, 2019

Repairs on the MX-Bach

The carb bolt/reed block debacle aside, I got a lot done fixing the landing gear hard point and repairing the fuse.


I first made the hardpoint attachments that would sit on the side walls of the undercarriage, supported by the long  plywood attachments that would run most of the length of the sidewalls.



I used the old hardpoint to set the spacing.




It fit perfectly. I replaced the silver screws with cap bolts after epoxying it all together.



Everything set with 30 min epoxy and clamped in place.



I devised a way to use self-setting nuts and attache the gear directly to the metal hardpoints, removing the wood hard point altogether. I spent the rest of the day repairing the framing of the fuse.

Working on repairing some cracks in the temporary nose cone and repainting it. I am also painting the plate that the fuel vent is attached to. I will install it and close the cote.

Once everything is back to repaired, I will troubleshoot the engine and start all over.

No comments :

Post a Comment