The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Tray table upright and locked, and servo jiggles


Gorgeous day, out this morning just before noon to take the Stik and the PulseXT60 up.

Never a day when I just go out, set up, start an engine, fly a few times, pack pack up, home for a beer and a cigar.

The RCGF-USA 10cc engine ran fine. I had managed to shield the servos from the ignition noise. But in the meantime the right aileron servo fried and now locks up slowly and won't respond. No Fly For You! Ordered a new Hitec HS-485HB to match the other side, from Amazon Prime.



Tray table upright and locked...



But at least she ran well!



Flew the PulseXT60 , still not happy with the engine tuning. I took the cowl off and retuned her, got most of the mid-range 4-cycling out by leaning the high. Realized as I was watching her that when she is running the throttle servo jiggles in the mid-range. I think its a bad servo, several of the servos given to me when I bought the kit have failed and I think this one did to. I ordered a standard digital servo from Amazon Prime.

I do like to support my LHS, but one never quite knows what they have in stock, understandably they can only stock so much. Amazon Prime gets it here at a good price in two days. Capitalism sucks.

No comments :

Post a Comment