The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Oh, please, you would if you could!

It called to me...




Yeah. 4 blade 14x8x4, baby. She was flying a 13x8x3.
You know you would too, if you could. You know it. Especially you, Gary Hoffman.

I am not sure how it will work, but I will run it tomorrow. Its a prop from an electric FMS P-51 Mustang. I had flown it on the doomed VQ Models P-51. Same spinner, new blades. It was on the shelf. I had to. I had no choice. I honestly don't even know if the blades had enough clearance, especially with the tall grass, but she also had a 14x8 twin blade on her (Master Airscrew Scimitar).



I completed the repair on the side wall. It was still a little weak after the epoxy, so I laid down a thin sheet of balsa. 

I also kept the stabilization system on. I figured out how to set up the remote cut, so the default is OFF. I will take her up and turn it on. I have a feeling it was just too sensitive and was over controlling itself.  I lowered the gains. We'll see, but its an unsolved problem and I need to solve it... Found a couple of tears in the cote on the vertical stab, fixed them too. She is flight ready. I'll try the prop at home, but if weather permits, I'll head out to Joppa in the morning.


No comments :

Post a Comment