The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cornell Died-ed


Level flight, total electronics failure. Slow right roll into a high speed dive into the Southern Ents. The breast of the wing is 30 feet up in a tree with part of the wing, the other is missing. No idea where the receiver is. Recovered the tail in a bush beneath the tree, the nose beeping 10 feet away. Buried in the toxic effluent from the waste dump that our field sits on. Into which I sunk knee deep to recover these pieces. After forging through the poison ivy. And avoiding the rattlers. Afterwards, no ticks.

Curiously, I don't give a shit. It was jinxed from day one. I'll salvage what I can of the electronics (saved the pack) and when I get the itch, I'll build the NIB one.

No comments :

Post a Comment