The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Waiting for a Powerplant!


IMX-Bach update. nstalled some of the gas neccessary electronics etc. I needed a few more channels for this going gas than a 6 channel reciever provides, so I installed the fated Spektrum AR8010T with a single antenna and a dual antenna satellites. One of the antenna on the reciever itself got cut, so I trimmed back the metal jacket to expose the same length as was lost. So this baby has 5 antenna in all different directions.



!Fuel tank is just forward of the wing tube CG, plenty of room for the ignition.  I installed the fuel dot, seen in the first pic, and have a fuel dit coming in the mail from China.



The reciever installed, you can see the three satelite antennae. The ones on the reciever, the short one goes straight out, the long one drops down and extends out the bottom of the fuse vertically.

Spektrum wasn't helpful about the brown out, telling me what I already knew, but I expected that. They think the issue was external to the reciever, a voltage issue. I have no reason to suspect that. It was a transmission problem. They told me that I couldn't fix this and offerred no help. I know that I can remove some of the outer metal jacket and expose the same length that was lost. At the very least it will transmit, but zi am confident it recieves as well, No way to tell.

For now I am waiting for Joe to finish his move to his new warehouse, and then send me a 32cc engine I purchased used from him. He doesn't have these laying around, I was just lucky. Once that gets here I will install her and break her in. I think I will use the 17x8x3, if I can drill it. It can take up to a 20x8. I think the one on the MXS-R 30cc is an 18x10... I have no idea why, but it works well with the DLE 30.

No comments :

Post a Comment