The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

SBach Evolution 10cc Ready to Fly!


I ordered these 2S 2700 mAh LiPOs from Bangood as they were cheap and I thought I could use them as a second battery in the Sbach and the Pulse XT60. They came in today. They were advertised as having a EC3 connector, but these are like EC2... that's an EC3 in the middle. Changed them out. Ends up I needed one to balance the CG in the SBach.



The header/muffler extensions came in and I installed them this morning. I had bought some gasket material from a car parts store, and used it to make the gaskets. Now she just barely clears the fuse.



Took her out to the garage today and started her up. She started fine and runs well.
13x8 Master Airscrew Scimitar.



She runs well, but here is a stutter just before reaching full throttle. No matter if I lean her completely, rich her, completely, it's the same. I have a 1 second transit speed on the servo, and it doesn't matter if I have normal or 1.6 sec, its the same. Nothing I can do to tune it out. We'll have to see how it goes after several flights. 



She runs rich and spews oil all over the side of the aircraft.



So I put the muffler extension on her. It is silicone, soft, so it flutters all over and sprays it everywhere, so I cut it short angled, and turned it down. We'll see how it goes.



Cowl on, looks pretty good! The muffler gets pretty hot, we'll have to see how it does against the cowl.



The muffler doesn't stick out as obtrusively as I expected.



I turned the extension to face down and out from this position.





All set up and ready to go!



I had to put the new battery in alongside the tank. I can fly one (the green Pulse) and then the other. All day flying! I needed the weight to attain the CG, she was very tail heavy. I think she will be a bit nose heavy with the full tank.



The turned down extension. It might be too short, so I have ordered a couple of replacements.







I am hoping to be able to maiden her tomorrow!

No comments :

Post a Comment