The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Sbach 10cc Day 1

This evening I opened the box with the 70 inch Sbach. The box had been damaged, which given its thickness took some doing. Turns out something penetrated the box and damaged both wings just enough to be annoying.



Very nice parts package. I sanded down the epoxy control horns and am painting them gloss black.



Damage to the proximal end of the right aileron. Cracked internally.







Something penetrated the box while USPS had it... Had to be strong force given the thickness of the box.



The proximal end of the left leading edge took a dent too.



Cracked all the way through when the trailing edge got nailed. This is reduced and thin CA'd. Some sanding and spackle. I don't have this red... Letting it dry overnight.



Opposite side of the same break.



Leading edge uncoted.





While the repairs were drying and the spackle setting, I made and installed the vortex generators using L-styrene. I discussed them in an earlier post.




Cut into 1 cm lengths.



Pointed one end.



5 pairs and one end fence, just because. I put down a piece of Scotch Tape in case I don't like how they work. Roughly an inch apart on center. I didn't stree precision. I guessed where the boundary are wound be, its suppsed to be about 1/16th of the chord.






I did the other leading edge the same way.

There is no manual, maybe one online, but this isn't my first rodeo.

No comments :

Post a Comment