The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Hobby King Orange RX 9 Ch DSMX Reciever

Last night I installed the 6 ch Orange RX 3-Axis Stabilization DSM2 Reciever into the Sbach. Its a great unit, has plugs for the L and R Aileron, the usual Rud, Elev, Thr, Aux1, and bind. I needed every single plug. I figured if it has a separate plug for each aileron I should be able to program Aux1 to the second elevator. Nope. Aux1 acts like a 3rd aileron, which makes no sense. Each of the separate aileron channels works, but Aux1 with the other elevator servo plugged into it, moves as a third aileron. I know Aux 1 is always the other aileron, but it has a separate channel for that, so why isn't Aux1 free? There was no way, and trust me, I spent an hour trying different  combos, to reprogram Aux1 to the other elevator using the mixes.

Damn. I really wanted the stabilization, and Orange stablization systems have been NIS for almost a year at least. They say they are coming back this summer, and if they do I am buying a dozen. Other companies, like Eagle,  make these and they are reliable, I will just have to go search for them and find a reasonably priced one. Nothing beats the HK stabilizer prices. I pulled one of the two Spektrum Alpha 6 units I have, but really didn't want to spend hours trying to get it to work. I may revisit that tonight. I have a feeling that most don't allow for separate ailerons programming, let alone elevators.

So at midnight last night I bought an HK Orange 9 ch DSMX Full Range Telemetry reciever with 2 sat plugs, $30. I ordered it from an Amazon reseller who had it Prime, because I didn't want to wait 2 wks to get it from HK USA. They take 3 -4 days just to get it out of the warehouse and then some guy on a bike brings it cross country.

This one will be here in 2 days, no shipping.

No comments :

Post a Comment