The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Magnificent Sbach Maiden


I started my day with the Pulse XT60 not wanting to start. Spark good, looks like fuel good... I have no idea why.  I like to fly something else before a maiden, but here we are. I was not in the mood to try to figure it out and lose flying time.

So I put the wings on the Sbach, fueled her up, and she started, but would not idle, quit.  Finally had to take the cowl off and worked her for an hour before I got her running with a good WOT and a good idle. Really want a start and fly gasser. 

She took off with a perfect roll out and lift off, powered out like a demon. I would find her a bit nose heavy needing some trim. I removed that extra battery when I got home. She has good but not unlimited vertical. I had figured the gas would trim her out to CG and I think that's right. Looking forward to seeing how she flies without the extra battery.  I also had to lessen the DRs all around quite a bit, she is very sensitive. She takes off so nicely. I landed her a bit hot, fast and low, even with flaperons, and she rolls it out quite a bit. 

The vortex generators do soften the stall, its later, not as sudden. Power, aileron and rudder brought her out quickly but there needs to be some space underneath.

She is going to be a sweet flier and I am going to really enjoy her!

Now... that damn RCGF 20cc engine on the XT60.

No comments :

Post a Comment