The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, June 7, 2019

Prop Day


Amazing day to fly! Took the Pulse XT60 and the Waco, first flight of the season for her.



Had to retune the low needle again, kept cutting out on run up from idle to WOT. Running great now. Clean at WOT, a bit sputtery in the mid-range. Way powerful. Flew amazing!



This engine, an RCGF 26cc with a Vulcan 18x7 CF prop, has always run perfect. The Waco is difficult on the ground, really wants to ground loop. Practiced take offs trying to get a clean roll out, flipped her a couple of times spinning around. Learned that she has a lot of P-factor so I have to bring her up slowly and let her run up and lift off. Got the hang of it.



But not before breaking the Vulcan CF prop.



She is sooo over powered, and the 18x7 likes to tip cut the grass and ground strike stall. So I took advantage of having a 17x7 APC. I think once I find she flies well with it I may keep it for a while. I will get a Master Airscrew Classic 18x6 after that unless I can find another black 17".



The three blade Master Airscrew 14x7x3 came in today for the Pulse, which was flying a 15x6.  The 3 blade aluminum spinner from eBay arrived a couple of days ago. Wow. Look. At. That. LOOK AT IT! That is beautiful!





Can't wait to fly it.

No comments :

Post a Comment