The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Best Wx Eva'!

Goodness, we could not have asked for better conditions. Where the hell was everybody? I ran into Dennis Delisle flying his helis when I got there just before noon, and later Clarence showed up for the second time today.

I took the Sukhoi 10cc and the Pulse XT60 with its sexy new spinner and 3 blade prop up.


She flew well with this prop but issues with pulsing of the engine once in the air made for some cowl removing fine tuning, later it turns out her muffler was coming off and the loss of compression was likely causing the problems, since she was running just fine before this. This new 14x7x3 prop wokrs very well and did provide some more clearance. Had to take her home to drop the engine and tighten the muffler with some blue.



At one point I was hauling ass and she was off a bit aways. She suddenly flipped over her CG, I am talking ass over tea kettle, and came out of it levle flight.i have no idea what that was, as she flew just fine control wise, but she threw her top hatch into the deep inaccessible forest below. Great, just great. If my early search is any clue, the only way to get a hatch is to by an enitre fuse.age for $139. I have an inquiry in to Horizon Hobby asking about just getting a hatch. I don't have a good feeling about this. It had shown a tendency to come loose with the cowl off during tuning, so I had a piece of tape on it. I took it off yesterday thinking the cowl would help hold it in place. Great idea.



Everyone should have to walk to the fence that lines the field at least once. I went hoping against hoe that maybe it came off near the fence. I knew it was hopeless but I had to try. Waaay up there on the top of the hill is the field. I am sure I return covered in poison ivy... the fence keps critters out so I don't expect any ticks.



The Sukhoi is a b it tail heavy I think, and on landing she likes a high alpha. This makes the tail land first and the front wheels come down a  bit hard. In the past they break off, but recent repairs hardened it, so now it just bent! I consider that progress. Will need to take it home and put it in the vise.



Dennis flying.



Dennis Delisle and his 700.

No comments :

Post a Comment