The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Lexus CT200h DC tap Updated

After getting some more advice from Ted Ede and Yaz, both of whom I probably should have talked to first, I upgraded the 12V DC tap on my Lexus CT200h, that I had just installed yesterday. I removed the original tap line.  I ran out to O'Reilly Autoparts and picked out 10 AWG wire and and an in line fuse box, and decided on a 25A fuse. At checkout I was reading the case holding the fuse holder and realized that the wiring for it was 12 gauge, so I traded the 10 for 12, as it made more sense (there were no easily identified 10 AWG fuse holders).  I redid the tap line as I had done it yesterday, but with the fuse in line on the red wire. Didn't take long at all.



The tap cable with fuse in line, I later protected the live ends with a converted EC5 adapter, as I had done before.




Tap line just before bolting it on the 12V battery.

Now convenient AND safe!





No comments :

Post a Comment