The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Engine War

The 30cc Sbach engine runs, but it doesn't run smoothly, 4-cycling a lot despite multiple attempts to tune it, even resetting the Hi/Lo to factory and starting over. Today I replaced the large admission  valve between the carb and cylinder, and all the gaskets and diaphragms in the DLE/Walbro WTA carb, and then getting the engine to start bone dry. That took f-o-r-e-v-e-r, and once I got it started I had to go back to scratch on the tuning. It still 4-cycles more than it should, but I think I have a reliable idle and max full throttle power. I am tired of fiddling with it, so to make my point I put the cowl back on.

The carb rebuild was easy, and there is a great video here. I didn't mess with the pin under the spring thingy.

Tomorrow, fix the damage one of my darn cats chewed into the right horizontal stab... then fly the thing!

No comments :

Post a Comment