The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, February 24, 2012

HDX 500se Main Gear Grind

I have been shearing teeth off the main gear of the HDX 500se pretty much every day I fly her, without explanation, usually when bringing her up to speed while the rotor was already turning. I had read that the main gear one way bearing can get gummed up and lock once in a while causing teeth to grind off. When I replaced the main gear this time, I took the one way bearing out and soaked it in acetone, shaking it and the bearing. I was amazed how much crap came out as I cycled through the washes. Then I dried it, and soaked it in silicone lubricant, and reinstalled it. It actually turns much cleaner. Looking forward to seeing if it solves the problem!

No comments :

Post a Comment