The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Yeah, Baby!

I have finally stopped dry heaving... I bought a few planes today, and when I spend money I've put aside like this I start dry heaving. Its just a thing I do.... But I have cleaned out my wish list!


The Hangar 9 Sopwith Camel is an amazing work of art. A discontinued work of art. Why do I fall in love with discontinued models? I had been searching the web for some time and found it at RC Hobbies and More. It was the last one, as they are now out of stock! I then spent the afternoon buying all the parts, though I had planned to wait.... Kenny Chandler had given me a HeadsUpRC 4260-06 motor a while back and it is the perfect motor for this plane. I ordered Hitec HS-485BH servos, and a Turnigy Trust 70A ESC. This is a power hungry bird, so she needs two 2S 4000 mAh batteries that will have to run in series. Just need a receiver! UPDATE: Before the ink dried I also picked up an AR600 for it.


I have had my eye on this one for several months. I have always loved the C-47/DC-3, and bought this one from Nitroplanes. The C-47 has been discounted so I decided to pull the trigger on this before it gets discontinued. I can use batteries I have, and will be putting an Orange receiver and satellite in her. Psych!


And finally, I have also bought the EFlite Pulse XT that I have been planning to buy for a long time. I am setting it up with the Power 32 performance package which will run 4S 3300 mAh batteries. I have a couple and bought a couple more. I went all stock Horizon Hobby on this one but will be using a 60A HiMax ESC that Kenny also gave me a while back. More savings! Also using a Spektrum AR600 receiver.

All of this should be arriving next week while I am off. I will focus on building the Pulse, and will wait a bit before undertaking the Sopwith project. I want to learn how to fly the Pulse well before moving on. The only thing I want now is an F-86 Sabre.... Hmmmm....

No comments :

Post a Comment