The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sopwith on Station

I used a 50 lb hook (and a second failsafe) to hang the Sopwith. I had to move the Stearman as this is the biggest wall. The baby Sopwith looks good, but the cornell looks like its cowering. I made some adjustments to the motor, and set the CG, having to add 1-1/2 oz to the nose. This thing is heavy. Ran the battery and the motor, took almost 10 minutes to lose power. This was done in a couple steps as I found that the motor shaft securing C-pin thingy was not snug and the rotor lifted off the motor at full throttle. Fixed that, but had to remove the entire motor assembly to get at the C. I thought the motor sounded odd, now she sings sweet! LOTS of power using 2x 2S 4000 mAh 30C in series.



No comments :

Post a Comment