The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Progress update on Phoenix Spitfire


The tank is plumbed. I stopped by our LHS, ABCHobbies today, and picked up a gas proof plug, I installed the tank using it, and the plastic pipes that came with the original set. I would prefer metal, but plastic is what they are. I don't think the metal plate that is inside the tank that compacts the rubber stopper is working right, I think it stripped. I may solder a nut on the inside of it to be sure.  You might notice that I had to move the battery, reciever, and the throttle servo to the otherside. Turns out the throttle linkage is on the other side of the engine.


Here's the underside in it's final settup. The throttle control rod is installed.



This is the Evolution 10cc engine installed, with the ignition. Right out of the box you realize that this engine is a thing of quality. Well constructed, solid, clean. The compression on the cylinder is powerfully tight. The aluminum case that holds the ignition is a solid brick of metal. Quality. I am impressed so far. That muffler is HUGE. It's going to come out OVER the wing, I think!




The view from the top.  Again, that muffler! I am waiting for the Tech Aero UltraBEC to arrive, and then I will be able to start the engine.



The fuel dot. Don't think I like it. It sticks out about 5-6 mm, clunky. I like the flat ones. I will probably replace it.



A problem presents itself with placement of the fuel vent. The cowl is large and comes back kinda far on the front of the fuse. I ran the line to the back, just behind the wing screws. I created a flat plate to make it easier to install. Its not as raised as it looks...


No comments :

Post a Comment