The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Couple of other things today...


This morning I worked on starting up and tuning the RCGF 10cc engine on the Stik. This is the one I rebuilt and broke the piston ring, had issues with a mistake I made on the metering diaphragm of the carb, and it has a newer cylinder because I stripped the plug threads. So essentially I am breaking in a new engine. I have her running well, but her idle has been a bit high and iffy. Working the low needle for the smooth transition and a decent idle, and finding the balance between low end point on the servo and the low needle setting, giving me a decent no-thrust idle that didn't die, took an hour, but I have come pretty close. I think as she breaks in this will settle down. I wanted to fly her today, but conditions and situations weren't right. Patience.



On my way home from RC Aces in North Hampton, I decided to see what conditions were like at Wason Pond Field, off NH 102 in Chester. There was a clear field, nicely cut, and some wind gusts but manageable. I flew three batteries and enjoyed myself, getting my flying thumbs tuned up. All in all a nice flight.

No comments :

Post a Comment