The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Waco Adjustments

 Last flights with the Phoenix Waco RCGF-USA 26cc, I noticed the need for a LOT of right up aileron to correct a left roll.  Back in the workshop it was apparent that the left wing, which is the one I remove for transport, had a small neg deflection in the leading edge of the upper wing. I corrected this with a shim and a re-drill of the alignment peg hole inboard and installed a small shim on the outboard side. This gave her a good incidence which I think will alleviate the problem. We'll see next time I take her out.




Outboard shim.



Inboard peg hole adjustment.



I had taken off the 17x8 APC prop to clean and paint it, and since I had an 18x10 and the RCGF-USA 26cc engine is rated for it, I threw it on. It looks amazing. Its much beefier than the APC. I think with the reduced throttle curve at the low end, this will be sweet, and she will try to rip the wings off at WOT.  I had planned just to repaint the tips of the APC prop, but since I was painting it I decided to paint it silver (allegedly chrome. Is there a real chrome rattle can paint out there?), with white warning tips. Came out pretty nice. 



The paint is "chrome", more of a shinier metallic silver. 



Waco is all set for our next outing!

No comments :

Post a Comment