The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

I don't even know where to start...


About to begin the salvage...

UPDATE TODAY: Well, I just started on the wings and the aft fuse so I could get them in the trash before the trash man came around, an dust went from there.


Some of the dirt shaken off the engine after removing it. This here is the throttle control rod. Needless to say the throttle servo is toast.



The muffler pipe broke off. Ordered a new one from RCGF-USA. The spark p,ug is undamaged, thought is was broken off.



All done. Cost was the fuseand the throttle servo. When the muffler comes in I will test it on the engine test rig, and if it runs good will put it on the Spitfire which is waiting on the other RCGF-USA 10cc engine to return from the RCGF-USA shop. This one runs perfectly, or did. I expect it to. Despite landing on its prop so precisely the crash site was one foot square  the prop and soinner survived. The Spinner will need a paint job, but thats it. Took me a lot of time to clean all the dirt off the engine, between the fins and in all the nooks and crannies, but she cleaned up nicely. Everything rotates clean and smoothly with good compression. These original RCGF cylinder heads do strip the spark plug easily, so I hope its tight enough to hold compressiona and not get  low out. Ine3moved it and cleaned it. Not eager to tighten it much at all, made it as snug as I dared. Stripping it is a $55 mistake I can't afford right now,

No comments :

Post a Comment