The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Tower Hobbies Uproar V2



I am looking for a nice flier to replace the Ugly Stik 40 that I loved, but killed. I was looking at the more expensive Hangar 9 Ultra Stik, which is sweet, but expensive and a bit overpriced. Instead, I found this smaller plane, 1200mm (48") that can handle a 10cc engine lijte the Evolution 10cc which would be a little big for this plane, which is perfect. This is the Tower Hobbies Uproar V2, for $100, fits the bill perfectly. A fun simple aerobat, its a nice fit for the subjectively weaker Evolution 10cc. I would put bigger, stouter gear on the front and back, probably with the oversized big wheels from the Stik, and use standard sized servos. I would need to beef up the hardpoints, but she can take the weight. This would be a nice plane to thrash around and practice with.

This is a bit exciting!

(Hmmmm...  can't help but think I am settling and just need to wait and get the Ultra Stick.)

No comments :

Post a Comment