The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, July 19, 2020

RCGF-USA 10cc at the shop...


i

I pride myself on being able to work on pretty much every part of my aircraft, but no pride is lost sending the RCGF-USA 10cc to the shop where the company owner will personally take a look at it. I think this is only the second time in a decade I have had to send one in. It needs work I just don't have the tools to do. It needs a new cylinder head since the spark plug hole is stripped, which I can do and likely at least a front main bearing, which I could do, but I couldn't get the front base off to get to it. One of the things I love about these RCGF-USA engines is Joe Nelson's personal advice and care. I can call him, email him or send something in to him.

I am a bit worried he may tell me it just needs to be replaced, in which case I plan to put an RCGF-USA 15cc engine in, instead of the 10cc. I should know in a couple of weeks. Int the meantime, there the Spitty is, naked and cold... this one has at least 6 years on it, I think.

No comments :

Post a Comment