The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Spitfire #3 Essentially done!

Last night I essentially finished the third Spitfire. I installed the fuel system, engine, and the electronics, the wing is joined to the fuse and everything works!


Rather full upper equipment bay. Fuel tank forward, reciever on the starboard side, 2S 2300 mAh LiPO on the port with the mai  power switch on underside of  th throttle switch. Snug and cozy.


I really like the simple switch from Hobby King. Its electronic so will fail "on", and has a nifty multicolored battery charge detector. On line in, one out. I hadvto trim of the handy flanges. Great price even if shipping was steep, almost the same price as the part for the guy on the bicycle speed delivery.



Another view of the equipment bay, looking aft.



The cowl is done, the engine and muffler holes cut out and it has been fitted. Needs to have needle access drilled out still, but its done. Leaving it off for the first engine start to make sure there are no issues. That's really all that is left, first fuel, first start and run up!I do need to find some letters for the side, didn't like the ones ai got for being too narrow (ordered them online, didn't get a good look). I'll put my initials on either side of the fuselage rondels.

Dry weight is just shy of 8 lbs (~ 3.6 kg).

No comments :

Post a Comment