The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, June 1, 2020

Sbach Evolution 10cc running and flyable

The Evolution 10cc on the Sbach has been a challenge. Recent over haul damaged an O-ring on the low needle which has two of them, none to be found anywhere, but Horizon Hobby found a carb set and sent them to me! I replaced the damaged O-ring, and set about tuning the needles. Idle is best achievable, pretty much at stock settings, Low 4-1/4 and Hi at 2 (stock 2-1/4).



Idles good, nice acceleration, good high RPM. The pull back to idle is slow. This usually indicates a rich Hi needle, but leaning it doesn't improve it. 



She still spits a LOT of oil... at 40:1.

Looking forward to taking her to the field so it can go wonky again. I'll put the cowl on guaranteeing it will.


I like the look of wheel pants, but at grass fields they take a beating. I have 3 planes with them still. I removed  repaired, repainted and reinstalled the Sbachs pants.




No comments :

Post a Comment