The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Now THAT's a bulkhead!

Constant problems with the bending of the front landing gear on my Greatplanes Twinstar lead to replacing the gear with a much hardier gauge. This worked great, transferring the energy to the bulkhead, so that broke. Finally got around to rebuilding it. I think I was building mad, because like the chimney at a house fir, this is all that will be left standing next time!


You can see the thinner plywood of the original bulkhead that is also the front landing gear hard point.it was all pushed in, so just pulled it out, cleaned up the spot.



3mm plywood.



I put in a couple of layers of 5mm plywood, dammit.




I  the end 3 layers! I have issues.





I  the back I added a small piece to add some support to the deck.



Used the same hardware.that is one solid hardpoint.



Sits perfectly!

No comments :

Post a Comment