The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, June 15, 2020

Looks worse than it really was.



Took the MX-Bach RCGF-USA 35cc on it, and she flew marvelously!
She is a pleasure to fly!



Her idle got a bit higher with each flight so that on the last one she was flying too fast to get her down on the ground. After several passes I tried a procedure I have failed at because for some reason I am unable to hit the kill switch and fly the plane at the same time... well, she landed but tipped forward as I hit the kill and broke her prop. That was all that happened fortunately. But, that ended the day. She was very touchy, and I flew her on low rates. I lowered the rate even further and she is still touchy, despite 40% expo. I may have to bump that up too. Her engine ran fantastically other than the idle shift. Even with my 3 idles, the landing one was still too fast in the end. That will need some tuning,

 

I flew the HK500 FBL a few times, and ended up losing control and pretzeled her after I had a "WHOA..." moment.



Enjoyed a couple of flights on the Align Trex 600e Pro. There is such a huge difference between flying a 450, 500 and the 600, each getting more and more stable. I really enjoy flying the 600 sized helis, and will someday get a 700 just because I can.

So it looked like it went worse than it really did. Ir was a great day of flying!


No comments :

Post a Comment