The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Hobbyeagle A3L v2 isn't going to work with dual elevators

I described in the previous post the issues I am having on the Sbach with with dual elevators and trying to get the Hobbyeagle A3L to work with it as it has only one elevator input/output, and the elevators have to be on a Y. This makes them move in opposite directions. So I thought I would try a simple signal inverter.


About $12 on Amazon. You can get one for $45 too.



Installed on the left elevator side of the Y.



The signal lag is too much, and the surfaces don't travel the same distances. 

So... this was an expensive "failure". The device works great. As I noted before, this single channel thing is true of all the stabilization systems I know of. Shame, as this is a small plane I would like to fly in higher winds. So, I removed it, set the radio back up to dual elevators (no mix) and we are back to where we started. Also, no issues with the ignition light fading at full deflection anymore.

I may use this on one of my simpler planes... Do I have one on the Stearman? I also have a remote Kill switch I don't need.

BTW: The maker never returned my email.

No comments :

Post a Comment