The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, September 7, 2019

MIle High RC Exhaust Silencer UPDATED




I picked up an exhaust silencer from MileHighRC for the very loud RCGF-USA 30cc on the MX-Bach. I know there is a small WOT RPM loss but think it should be minor. For some reason this engine is very loud.


The silencer slips into the exhaust pipe.



And sits loosely just a bit out on top.





I cut an appropriate length of the silicone and used one of the supplied thin ties to secure the end of the silencer, and one of my wider ties to secure the silicone to the exhaust. I had to stretch the tubing a bit, so it fits very tight on the exhaust and the silencer. I doubt it will go anywhere. We'll see how she runs with it.

UPDATE: Video with and without the silencer. I will eventually do decibel measurements. All in all it does seem to have a less high pitched sound, and the effect on RPM/Power seems qualitatively negligible.  When I do the more formal test, I will record them and provide better quality video.



Without the silencer. Poor quality video and sound. Not really good to compare.



With the silencer. IRL you can appreciate that it takes out the piercing high tones and gives the engine a deeper voice.

No comments :

Post a Comment