The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Cornell Rebuild Nearing Completion

I continued work on the Cornell today. All that is left is the cowl, which is a work in progress; more on that in a later post..


To close the bottom of the forward fuse I first worked out a paper mock up of the space, including the outer (upper) edge that curves up, or as it lays here, down.



I traced the paper mock up out on the sheet balsa.



And dry fit the part. Fits perfectly!



CA'd and clamped into place.



Sanded to smoothness!



The stringers and spars in the right elevator were supported. Its still not really straight.



The fuse before coting.



Used spackle to fill in Neko's bite marks...



The bottom and side of the re-coted fuse.



The completed tail.



Nearly done!




After the failure of the Spektrum AR6100e, I installed a HK Orange Receiver with a satellite receiver. The Orange receiver can be seen in the foreground middle and the red-white wire leads back to the satellite. I chose to put the sat on the opposite side, facing down. The main antenna on the main receiver points forward. This should give me good antenna views. I also created an EC5 extender cable, seen in the upper area.


Motor and ESC installed.

I am trying something new on the cowl, something I made up that will either work great or prove a disaster. Should have more on that tomorrow!

1 comment :

  1. Hope it's beautiful weather tomorrow! LOVE the little jolly roger on the wing- ha!

    ReplyDelete