The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Burning, searing, stinky stuff

Working on the fuse frame, realizing a large portion, about half actually, of the battery/motor mount is missing. So I've been cutting and gluing. Have you ever smelled cut wood with CA, epoxy and modelling plywood? Its an acrid burn that melts your eyes and blisters your nasal passages. And my wife says it makes the house smell like "New House"... Smells like burning down the house to me.


Using popsicle sticks to rebuild the front upper cross support of the fuse. I had the old fuse and saw that the crashed one is missing the upper part of the firewall, so I scavenged it from the old one. I had to cut it out and shave it down, and that's when my eyes melted and my nasal passages blistered. I actually took it outside so I could breath, even though I was using a mask. It killed...



This is all that's left of the battery/motor mount box, the right wall and the bottom. I did some patchwork to the mount (the X).



The fuse. This is going to take a lot of time. Especially with melted eyeballs...

No comments :

Post a Comment