The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Weighty Situation

My previous posts have talked about issues trying to bring the CG forward on the Eflite Stearman. I bought another 2 oz of weight and glued it on top of the existing weight in the cowl, with one piece on the top of the motor mount. I had dry fit the new weight, but when I first put it in with epoxy, despite the dry fit, the cowl would not seat properly. I had to carefully cut out and pull the new weights off and try new positions, which worked fine. But I am starting to get to a point I will make her piggish if I have to add anymore weight. I plan to trim her out again tomorrow, looking to remove some of the mechanical down elevator I currently have on her. I think there is about 5 oz now.

No comments :

Post a Comment