The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Crooked as a witch's broom

Cubby #2. Not a straight line on her. She curves where she should be flat, and is flat where she should  be curved. She's uglier than snot, and I suspect she's got a hex Other than that, she might fly just fine...

I refurbished her. Stripped her down, epoxied the firewall and the whole front end back together. I glued several cracks in her fuse. I spackled over her really rough areas and sanded her down, then gave her a light coat of Cubby Yellow paint. I re-coted some sore spots on her wing, replaced the tail wheel, removed, flattened and reinstalled with a few shims her motor mount. I think her firewall cants left and her thrust vector goes sorta that way too despite the shims. It looks like her wing and tail are more or less aligned. New prop.

Tomorrow we see if she can fly a crooked line straight!











No comments :

Post a Comment