The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

New cam and light mount for Alpha

I like the idea of a more permanent cam mount on the Alpha Sport 450. I wanted something out of the airstream and thought about the large opening behind the landing gear. I took some wood from Greg's plane and using CA and built a beam across and buttressed it in so that the pressure of instaling and removing the keychain cam wouldn't budge the beam.



I also like the idea of a light to help with orientation on video flights, or just in general because I can!


I took a Mini Maglite and used the hairy side of a Velcro to pad it, and two prop saver o-rings to secure it. Worked quite well. The light is bright and can be widened in beam so it can be seen well. We'll have to see how it looks in flight!




No comments :

Post a Comment