The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Silent running


I have been giving my next airplane purchase a lot of thought, and I have decided I will focus on getting good at flying the planes and helis already in my hangar, with one addition. I have watched CJ, Dickie and Arnie fly their gliders, and Arnie let me fly his three channel power glider. I enjoy the gliders and decided I would like to add one to my hangar. After reading reviews and roaming around the internet, I am going to get the Graupner Electro Junior S. I want a power thermal glider low cost, easily transportable with pleasant flight characteristics, that can fly with batteries I have in hand. I also wanted a T-tail plane. The only mod I am considering is putting some red Ultracote stripes under the wings to give me an orientation reference. I hope to order it soon.

I cancelled the Bananahobby order for the BlitzRCWorks Nano P-51 as they wouldn't clarify parts support, were very difficult to communicate with via email (promptly took care of me by phone), and it was likely going to require me to purchase special batteries just for it.

After the glider I still have my eye on the Eflite Ultimate from Horizon Hobby. Sent them a form email asking if Eflite redesigned this production to address the battery access issues, they will be getting back to me soon.

Enjoying Boston, but can't wait to get home and fly!

2 comments :

  1. NICE!!! Graupner makes a good product. I will stick to my Radian For Now!
    You will find out the subtle changes to the flight are what you plug in to when you are flying. Then when you fly a faster plane you get a little more ahead of it instead of being behind it.
    Jeffro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! It's over my head (pun intended) but I checked it out any way.

    ReplyDelete