The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Swapped out Pitts Main Power Switch

Waiting for the rains to pass, hoping the field has been mowed since I was there earlier this past week, thinking about heading out to fly the Ultrastick again  now that her CG has been addressed. All the rain lately has likely made the weeds sprout up all over again even if it has been mowed. The replacement switch for the Pitts came in, so I decided to take the time to install it. I described earlier that my hopes for the Flag-Pin fail-on switch were crushed.



The flag-pin switch I replaced.



This is a great membrane power switch I purchased from Hobby King. I have a couple of them installed. Its reliable, light, and probably fails in the last position being a membrane switch. Its about 2cm x 4cm and about 0.5 cm thick. The fuse underside of the switch could use a bit more smoothing work, but at the time I didn't know I had some matching silver material so was trying not to damage it. Someday I'll go back and work it.



I put it in the same spot as I had the flag-pin switch.



The inside.

She's all set to maiden, and I am really looking forward to it. This is going to be a favorite. Once I get the Ultrastick all squared away, she'll be next. I keep putting off the maiden of the RCGF-USA 10cc Spitfire for a couple of reasons. One, superstition, since the first two were lost for different reasons on their maiden, and second because I replaced the engine after rebuilding it and haven't gone back to test it. Would have sworn I had posted about the rebuild of the engine, but can't find one. I rebuilt the carb and replaced the cylinder head, so she'll need breaking in. More on that when I get around to it.



No comments :

Post a Comment