The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

First lighting of the fires RCGF-USA Stinger 20cc

Today I made a few adjustments to the tank plumbing, as I accidentally reversed the fuel fill and the vent lines. Realized that when I started to fill the tank and fuel,started running out the vent as quick as it went in. Took the plane out for her first start and run.



On opening the basement doors, ran into this little guy working on his nest. He stood there and wondered if he should run, or if I would leave. He took off. If I didn't come and go this would be a great nest spot.



Started right up! Took a few minutes to find her feet and as each minute passed she ran better and more smoothly.  Tweaked the needles a bit, but a smidge only. Within a couple minutes of running it quit when the spark wire came off, melted and cut right thru the plastic wire tie. Came up with and actual wire system to hold it (below).



Got even more smooth than this.



I ran a stranded wire around the spark wire, and used a copper tube crimp to close the loop. As I noted earlier the cowl will also support it. I then threw another plastic wire tie around it again, using some shrink tube to protect it from heat and friction.



The finger nuts came in, so I can now secure the cowl. I am placing a rubber bonded washer to reduce the likelihood it will not work loose from the vibration.

I balanced the 15x7x3 Master Airscrew. I expect the 3 blad aluminum spinner in a week, but for now I do have a black DuBro spinner I can use to check CG shortly.

She is a wish away from maiden.

No comments :

Post a Comment