The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Cloudy day at SNHRCC


After the rains passed, and before tomorrow's storm, I got out to SNHRCC to put the Hacker MX2 and the Ultrastick 10cc up in the air. Calm winds, dry cut grass (Thanks, grass cutting guys!). Excellent flying day. The race cars at Hudson Motor Speedway were much louder than the video shows. Video is just a pan around the field from my bench.



This plane, the Hacker MX2, is magnificent.  It flies on 3S like its on rails, crisp repsonses, power. These ultralight foamies are aerobatic monsters! Things I would never do with a plane that has inertia I can do with this plane with confidence. I get 5 min on 2200 mAh. Its the one I put the Orange 6 ch 3Axis stabilized reciever on, and it works splendidly. I like flying it with and without stabilization on. The plane really doesn't need it, and when I am doing hardcore aerobatics I disable it remotely. Its a really a nice reciever, shame Hobby King doesn't make them anymore.



The Evolution 10cc engine is not as powerful as the RCGF-USA 10cc. I run 13x7x3 props on the RCGF-USA engine, but I'm thinking its too much prop for this Evo, which may be contributing to the challenges getting the needles right. I tried a 12x6 twin and this 13x6 twin, and it really liked them. I may stay with this one, but I just bought a 12x6x3, as I really like the extra thrust and okay, the static look. I thought hard about dropping all the way to 11x8x3, but decided to try the 12x6x3. I'll let you know how it goes. I did end before ai wanted to. Landed kinda hard for who knows what reason, and broke the sparky. Twisted the heavy duty landing gear just a bit. Already fixed both. The landing gear hard point looks OK.

Its time to program the Spektrum AR637T's AS3X Stabilization and enable it. This plane also doesn't really need it, but it has it, so...  I am finding getting the elevator dual rates and expos  right a bit challenging. Very responsive, I think a bit tail heavy still, so threw in another bag of nuts up front to add to the ones already packed in around the gas tank to move the CG forward. The already forward adjusted CG made a big difference today.  Got the approach (50%) flaps elevator mix right, landing (full) flaps I am still working on finding its elevator mix. These will change a tad as the CG moves forward.

Rough weather coming this next week, from local stuff and then Ida, so not expecting to get much flying in. Itching to maiden the Pitts Model 12 with its RCGF-USA 20CC!

No comments :

Post a Comment