The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Twinstar Tail and Landing Gear done



Finished the repair on the vertical stabilizer. I installed longitudinal runners along the base. Not as pretty as I would have liked.



Port side. This thing ain't goin' no where.


When 
I had tried out the cool jet front landing gear expecting it to fail, and it did not disappoint. Today I installed the 5/16" wire front landing gear. I drilled out the existing hardpoint, and used the lever from the bigger kit, but the hardware is otherwise the original. I am using an original wheel from the Eflite Alpha 450 Trainer (thing is over a decade old!). Drilled it out, a bit off center, but meh. This baby is rock solid.



Very tall, so maybe now I can keep the props out of the grass. Thin profile, less drag.


No comments :

Post a Comment