The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Heli Progress Made



Test hovered the EXI 450  with the new HK 450 flybar head. What a difference a clean tight rig makes!  I changed the tail blades to fiberglass ones with a little longer chord but a touch shorter, held her fine. I wish there was a way to put expo on the collective.

Right now there is a known bug in the Heli software that doesn't allow more than one Dual Rate/Expo. An annoyance, but I tend to fly 100% and 25% Expo, but I do like to turn it down once in awhile. I fly sport so that works for me, but waiting for the fix.



Took the HK500 with its BeastX out for its photo shoot for the iX12.



She is on the bench and I started programming the iX12. Setup when...


... her 5S battery charges!

The 500 is sooo much more stable than the 450, so looking forward to getting her up. Continuing to rock the sim in the meantime!

UPDATE: Well, the new bug in the iX12 Airware that prevents me from setting more than one DR/Expo is holding up further heli progress until it's fixed. Spektrum is on it, date unknown.

No comments :

Post a Comment