The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, April 17, 2020

MX-Bach RCGF-USA 35cc is Up for 2020



Brought the MX-Bach down from it's bat perch on the ceiling to inspect and set her up on the Spektrum iX12. This is one of my favorite planes. I really like the larger engines, they seem to run better and tolerate weather and pressure changes better, start 'em and fly 'em! I had the wings on when I set up and programmed her into the radio, but forgot to take a pic.



Well, the clunk has a woodie... I really like the clear tanks.



The Tygon tubing is hard as a rod. I have been replacing these with Viton tubing.



Much better! Viton tubing.



The tank reinstalled. I think you can see it in the video the foaming from engine vibrations. Very little of that passes to the engine. At the bottom of the pic you see a pair of wires running over the side bulkhead. That is the ignition light wire I seem to have passed incorrectly, I cut the wires, passed it under the bulkhead, and used those melting heat-shrink connectors to rewire it as I can't get the plain on the soldering bench. I love those things! Push the wires with a small exposed end, into the tubing, one on each end so they mesh in the middle, use a heat gun to heat shrink and melt the solder. Voila!



The engine in run up. If you listen carefully you will hear the changes from Flight Idle to Approach Idle, and Landing Idle. I do this to prevent the engine from stopping in idle in fight, but slowing the plane down nicely. I hit Approach on final to slow it and as I cross the threshold I move it to Landing Idle, the slowest idle with a pretty reliable RPM. No needle adjustments, just had to find the new throttle end points on the iX12.

No comments :

Post a Comment