The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Busy Shop Day

I had a lot of things to get done in the shop today. My last post was about the Mile High RC Silencers I installed on the RCGF 26cc equipped Pulse XT60, but I also installed the replacement RCEXEL CDI from RCGF-USA on the RCGF 10cc engine on the stik, and setup the Eflite Stearman on the iX12.


The dual silencers on the RCGF 26cc



The new ignition on the RCGF 10cc is under the cover. One of the possible causes of the left aileron twitch that lead to the 720-deg/sec snap roll the other day is ignition noise. The wire covering on the original sparky wire was gapped in places, so I replaced the CDI, and I tossed a torrid (ferrous ring) on the ignition power lead to further isolate the receiver from the CDI. We'll see if this makes any difference.



I haven't flown the Eflite PT-19 Stearman in over a year. Not sure I flew it at all last year? I opened the hatch to see what I have for a RCVR, and found an "older" Spectrum AR600, and an Orange 3-axis Stabilizer System. The Gyro wasn't set up... no idea why. So, I set it up. It works fine! I have it setup on the iX12 to allow me to switch it off in flight. The AR600 is nice, two antennae, but no telemetry. With the iX12 and its sweet telemetry skilz, I am all about the telemetry now, so will probably replace it with a new Spektrum AR620.



My Eflite PT-19 Stearman, all set!

I so need to get out and fly something. Overcast and cloudy tomorrow, but light winds!

No comments :

Post a Comment