The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Great Planes Twin Star, and Sukhoi SU-26 with RCGF 10cc Up

I have been slowly working on getting my aircraft ready for the flying season, and programming them into the iX12 one by one. Taking care of any gripes, inspecting, and tuning things up a bit.



The Twinstar is up and ready to go. Painted the 8x8 prop tips because I could, but I bought a pair of 8 x6x3 blade props and a couple of spinners. The smallest cheap ones I could fine were DuBro 2". The current ones are 1.5", so not much difference. I think they will actually look better being more flush with the cowls.



This is such a sweet plane. A balanced and capable flyer, a delight to fly.



Took the Sukhoi SU-26 with its RCGF 10cc engine out and set it up on the iX12. The engine runs fine, but in setting the end points it wanted some tuning, which got weird. After going back to defaults and working my way up, the needles seem a bit rich turn wise, but are now working great. The engine won't run at the standard 1-1/2 L and 1-3/4 H, and are out about 3-4 turns... but she is giving me 7800 RPM with the 13x8x3 Master Airscrew, idling down without going low and coming back up (ie H too rich), and accelerating without hesitation. She is where she needs to be.



All cleaned up, programmed in, set up the Orange Stabilization, and cleaned up loose cote.



After I was all done I decided to put a DuBro muffler extension on her, hoping to keep oil off the plane, and that it doesn't change the exhaust compression too much.

I need a day off with good weather, too many planes to get up in the air.

No comments :

Post a Comment