The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Flying, not flying...


I really do love the RCGF Engines. The only engine that really gives me trouble is my Evolution 10cc... Though the 26cc RCGF Engine on the Pulse is acting the fool. 



Pulse XT60. Ran fine but like I was running gravel through it... It ran fine last week... I do like the silencers, they do seem to bring the noise down a lot. 

The field was pretty busy! A lot of people were there, lots of helis mostly.



The wonderful Eflite PT-17 Stearman.
Flew beautifully!  Flew sideways... too windy. Flew one battery.



Once again I spent a lot more time than I should working the Evo 10cc. She started wonderfully, ran fine, took off and flew around, super sensitive elevators, and went to idle, noticed it got very, very quiet... dead stick landing went fine. For some reason she would not idle all of the sudden, no matter what I did... Spent over two hours, finally started idling fine. Brought her in for landing, and I slowed too much, pushed the throttle forward and she took too long to respond and stopped flying a foot off the ground, and, of course, ripped off  the gear. No other damage. Resetting the crash clock...


No comments :

Post a Comment