The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Same as it ever is...

Its been a windy summer. I'm talking 8-10mph with gusts to 20. Today was temperate, not so windy, but a tad gusty. I went flying anyway.

I headed out to Misfits in Auburn. Rules prohibit flyi g without anyone there, but for small park flyers, which makes it a poorly attended field. Today was no different. Despite being 11 on a Sunday, no one there. I flew the Sbach once, but the winds were too much, and I really wnated to fly my Stik 10cc gasser. I decided to head over to "Mt Hudson" (SNHRCC in Hudson. No one there either, but better conditions.


I flew the Sbach, and on a simple landing the gear came off. I know they are not attached well... not sure that I can make it much better without rebuiliding the entire under carriage. I may have to. She did fly pretty darn well, though.


The Stik flew well, but the idle is still a bit high. She flew without needing any adjusments, so that was a change. I decided to try and tune her better for a lower idle (can't change the low end point to make it better). Made one change and she stopped running correctly. Had to start over, taking about half an hour. I think I have found the balance with a decent low idle and max power, between the neeldes nad end point, but she just doesn't sound right. All in all, flew three 20 min tanks before I got hungry enought it was time to quit. Enjoyed mynown private field!



No comments :

Post a Comment