The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Greg Gimlick on EC5: Are you frickin' kidding me?

Did I not just lament for the millionth time how half the time my EC5s never seems to fit? Well, this month's Model Aviation (Oct 2017) on page 83 has a nice piece by Greg Gimlick, "EC5s are EC5s... right?", that has one photo that completely revolutionized my relationship with EC connectors...


So, there are plugs that go in from the back, pushed in, like the familiar Horizon Hobby EC5s (the original), and there are ones that are backed in through the front, and you can tell by which way the flanges are set on the metal connector. REALLY? Thats it? Genius IQ, a couple of degrees, 8 yrs of angst wondering if this order of EC5s would work properly... Wow. I ran downstairs to my shop and I have both jangling around in my EC drawer. This explains everything! This is so... jeez.

Thanks, Greg! You have given me back my EC happiness!

No comments :

Post a Comment