The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

MX-Bach Redux


The MX-Bach. Fuse of the MX2 I had busted the wing on, wings from the Sbach 342 I crashed the fuse of. MX-Bach! She has been a great flyer.

Last year I stole the electronics and servos from my MX-Bach for someone else... don't remember which plane they ended up on. I cannibalized her because I didn't fly her much. If I was going to fly a 30cc sized plane, I took the MXS-R out. Given a choice I fly gas, but my roots are in electric.

I miss her, and I need something new, so I have started purchasing replacement servos and electronics. 

I went with TACTIC TSX55 servos all around. She takes one Rudder, two Elevator, and one each on the Ailerons. These aren't digital, but I don't need that precision, they have enough torque to lift a semi, and I have had good luck with Tactic. That they are $23 a pop rocks.

I bought a Spektrum AR6010 Receiver, which allows me a channel for each servo (I learned a Mix that allows the Gear channel to run a trimmable elevator), and having dual aileron channels allows me to set up flaperons for fun and to set up differential.

She still has her massive motor, I forget which one (will update this when I get under the hood). She flies 8S-12S. I stole her Fun Fly 100A HV OPTO ESC for one of my 600 helis, so I will need to replace that. I don't think I have one sitting around, but I want to check before I shell out another $100. I have a big Turnigy 3 blade wood prop I was thinking of putting on the 30cc MXS-R, but I have been reluctant to drill the hub due to its 3 piece design with a metal plate insert. uits perfect for this plane, and this will give her massive motor some immense thrust.

I plan to power the receiver with a 2S 2300 mAh LiPO since the plane can easily handle the weight, so bought a nice switch to replace the one I took off her to fix one of my other aircraft.

So, all I need is the ESC, I think!

More to follow. Nice to have a new build!

No comments :

Post a Comment