The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Sbach and Cosmic Wind Ready!

Recent posts have described yet another crash with the HK EPP Sbach that I tend to throw around like it doesn't matter but kinda really like, where I destroyed the motorbox. In the past I have just sheared it off, but this time I powdered it and had to come up with a way to make a new one that I felt could take the forces I put on it. That was done, some fixes in the foam and the inside wood skeleton, a little paint, and voila, back in flying condition! The Solar servos came in from Hobbypartz today (they have picked up their shipping game, got here within a few days).

The Cosmic Wind did a cartwheel and cracked her fiberglass fuse, just cosmetic, but her charm is her smooth lines giving her lightning speed, so I had to fill and sand, then repaint.


Didn't feel like running up and down stairs or moving cars to paint in the garage, so... The first rattle can of Testors paint was one I've had a while failed and paint poured out of it all over the place. Good thing I have a paint box. Hit my local hobby shop (ABC Hobbies in Salem, NH) and got their last can of #1231 Bright Red Gloss, and put a finished coat on it.



Final dry. Will let it air out a week or so and then oil it down. Love this sweet flier, just wish she could land on the grass. 

Winds were hellish today, not even the ducks were flying, so I spent the day not flying. Yesterday was disappointing, my planes got broke and my landings left a lot to be desired. I wanted to fly today to practice my landings and remind myself I am good at flying, if not a master. 

Tomorrow is a work day, will be watching the weather.

No comments :

Post a Comment