The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

MX-Bach REBUILD 1

I spent a lot more time than I had expected removing cote from the bottom of the fuse and repairing stringers and framework. I would repair one and find another. It needed doing, and I got 'er done. She's and old fuse, flown as a 30cc MX2 gasser before she started to show wear, and I converted her to electric several years ago and flew her hard. Put the Sbach wings on her I had salvaged from my 30cc Sbach I crashed just before leaving Biloxi, and the MX-Bach was born.

I had finished the structure fixes and was going to stop for the day, but the mail brought my servos and my electric switch! I installed the rudder and elevator servos and the switch. I had to replace all of the servo horns from Hitec to Tactic spline and that all took me about 1.5hrs.

I was going to put EC3 connectors on the 2S 4000 mAh LiPO I am using for the reciever and ESC cooling fan, but the big ass AWG wires weren't going to fit, so I tried Traxxis connectors, but one was a PITA so I just went back to the original EC5. That sucked because not all of the metal connectors will fit in the plastic housing. A problem ever since I came into the hobby is finding inexpensive EC5 connectors that fit properly...

Busy day.


The reciver pack and switch. The switch is nice, fromRCJuice. Theres a LED that lights upmin different colors based on voltage left. 



The port elevator servo, mirroring its opposite.



The rudder servo.


Turnigy 17x8x3. Thing is going to scream...



Turnigy Rotomax 1.40 equivalent (30cc) electric motor. With a 100A HV ESC, the wings are going to tear off this thing.


The Spektrum AR6010 reciever should be here this week from Horizon Hobby. That and the aileron servos and she will be ready to CG and fly!

No comments :

Post a Comment