The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, October 1, 2016

New Day, New ESC, New Problem

From our Its-Always-Something Department.



I removed the Hobbywing FunFly 100A HV ESC from the MX-Bach, and installed it on the Trex 600 EFL. Programmed it, installed, and ran perfectly. I noticed the the tail/rudder range of motion was far short of the end points. So I put the SpektrumAR7200BX into program mode, looked to program fine, but the endpoints still weren't being met. The servo works fine. Its set properly in the BeastX: 333hz and 1520ms centering pulse. I reinstalled the new firmware using StudioX. I've tired rebinding, and have reprogramed the BeastX several times. I changed the control horn to the disc that came in from Amainhobbies yesterday, set at the center most hole for the ball (its a mm or 2 closer to center). Nothing. Monday I'll contact ech support.




UPDATE (10/2/16): Well, I figured it out... Last night as I fell to sleep I realized I hadn't turned the GYRO on in the DX8. This morning I checked, and I had not, it was set INHIBIT. I turned it to ON and set it at 35%. Voila! I now have full rudder authority.

No comments :

Post a Comment